Help me out. I’m looking for the best, clearest, and most charitable explanations of the following three things:
- the biblical and theological reasons for caring about social justice and systemic racism,
- the unfair ways in which some have used accusations of Critical Race Theory (CRT) and Cultural Marxism to sideline legitimate Christian concerns about social justice and systemic racism, and
- the legitimate Christian critiques of CRT and Marxism.
Now, I know that there are plenty of resources out there that address each of the three items above!
I’m specifically looking for the resources that are the easiest to understand for someone who has little (or no) biblical, theological, or philosophical training. I’m thinking something that you could easily share with friends and relatives who have legitimate questions.
I’m also specifically looking for resources that address 2 or 3 of the items above, not just 1.
Do such resources already exist?
If not, should we start a Kickstarter to create a “Crash Course”-style YouTube video that addresses all three points above??
My current shortlist of helpful resources
To provide some grist for the mill, the following resources don’t address all three of my points above, but they are really good and they’re on my current short list of recommended resources for family and friends:
- Phil Vischer’s video on “Race in America” (he’s the creator of VeggieTales and the voice of Bob the Tomato)
- N.T. Wright’s talk on “Undermining Racism” (scroll to the bottom for a video of the talk)
- Kelly Hamren’s “Reflections from a Christian scholar on Social Justice, Critical Race Theory, Marxism, and Biblical Ethics” (Facebook essay)